Baked Fish with Rolled Oat Crust
1-1½ lbs. white fish fillet such as cod, haddock, pollock
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. onion, minced
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
1 cup rolled oats, lightly ground
1 Tbsp. flax meal
1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Wash and pat dry fish fillets, salt and pepper both sides, and set in baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté onion 2-3 minutes. Add parsley, basil, and oats and toss for 1-2 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in all other ingredients.
- Put mixture on top of fish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and topping is lightly browned.