Orzo with Vegetables, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
444 calories, 15 g total fat (3.6 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 62 g total carbohydrate, 18.3 g protein
½ lb. orzo
½ lb. sugar snap peas
1½ cups shelled, thawed edamame
2½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed and dried
1 (5-oz. container) fresh baby spinach
Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
½ cup mint leaves
Goat cheese, as needed
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook 8 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas and edamame; let water return to a boil and then cook 2 additional minutes.
- Drain in a colander, rinse briefly with cold water to stop the vegetables from cooking, and then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, warm 1 Tbsp. olive oil over high heat. Add cherry/grape tomatoes; let sit in hot pan 2 minutes without moving to blister.
- Using a spatula, flip tomatoes to other side, and let sit another 2 minutes. Stir in baby spinach until wilted, just a couple minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the reserved serving bowl with orzo. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mint leaves. Stir to combine.
- Top with goat cheese pieces and serve.
To complete the meal: Serve with a fruit salad, like sliced peaches, blueberries, and basil slices.