Savory Potato Salad
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 scallions, finely chopped
¼ cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
¼ cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
6 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tsp. mustard
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place in saucepan of cold water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes, and toss.
- In a small bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.