Southwestern Chicken Soup with Pumpkin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
273 calories, 9 g total fat (2.6 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 25 g total carbohydrate, 24 g protein
Make this dish ahead; it's even better reheated!
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Cook until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, pumpkin, and spices (through black pepper); cook another 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Stir in the broth, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add the chicken and cilantro, and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.