Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon vanilla
¾ cup natural chunky peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups old fashioned oats
½ cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips or raisins
*To make gluten free, eliminate whole-wheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple syrup into a creamy consistency in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are well combined. The batter should be slightly sticky. Fold in the chocolate chips or raisins.
- Place rounded, heaping tablespoon-sized balls of the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Gobble these up while they are still warm.
Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn