Orzo with Vegetables, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese
- ½ lb. orzo
- ½ lb. sugar snap peas
- 1½ cups shelled, thawed edamame
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 1 (5-oz. container) fresh baby spinach
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Goat cheese, as needed
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook 8 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas and edamame; let water return to a boil and then cook 2 additional minutes.
- Drain in a colander, rinse briefly with cold water to stop the vegetables from cooking, and then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, warm 1 Tbsp. olive oil over high heat. Add cherry/grape tomatoes; let sit in hot pan 2 minutes without moving to blister.
- Using a spatula, flip tomatoes to other side, and let sit another 2 minutes. Stir in baby spinach until wilted, just a couple minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the reserved serving bowl with orzo. Add remaining 1½ Tbsp. olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mint leaves. Stir to combine.
- Top with goat cheese pieces and serve.
To complete the meal: Serve with a fruit salad, like sliced peaches, blueberries, and basil slices.
444 calories, 15 g total fat (3.6 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 62 g total carbohydrate, 18.3 g protein
Video transcript here.