Get the Most From Your Doctor’s Visit
Heading to your primary care provider? Make sure you have everything you need—when arriving and leaving. You can download a form to take with you.
What to bring
- Your questions and concerns
- A list of any medicines or vitamins you're taking, including the dosage
- Names and contact information of any doctors you've seen since your last appointment
- Results of any medical tests that you’ve had since your last appointment
- A family member or friend to take notes, if necessary
What to bring home
- Answers to all of your questions
- Directions about what you’re supposed to do, if anything, before your next visit
- Resources for more information about new and existing conditions
- Test results, if available
- Specific directions for taking any medicines prescribed
It's important that you feel you're getting the information you need from your primary care provider.
If you don't have a regular doctor, consider choosing a patient-centered medical home. These practices offer extended hours, more time with medical professionals, and same-day sick visits. To find a patient-centered medical home, please call Customer Service at (401) 459-5000. You can also find a patient-centered medical home in the Find a Doctor tool:
- Search for “primary care.”
- After you see the list of PCPs, click on the PCMH box under “Quality” on the left-hand side.