2 cups flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsps. sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk, 1% fat
3 Tbsps. + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture; stir until well mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
- Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts.
- Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Calories: 99, Fat: 3 g, Saturated fat: less than 1 g, Cholesterol: less than 1 mg, Sodium: 72 mg
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute