Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
137 calories, 3.5 g total fat (0.8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 22.6 g total carbohydrate, 3.9 g protein
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
¼ cup applesauce
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup cranberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin or insert paper muffin cups.
- Soak oats in the yogurt, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg, oil, applesauce, and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add berries and toss.
- Fold oats and yogurt and dry ingredients with berries into the wet mixture.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.