- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup African Alliance of RI Carrot-Apple Jam
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8x4 loaf pan and set aside.
- Shred one cup of zucchini with a food processor or cheese grater. Squeeze out excess liquid with cheesecloth or press dry with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugars with jam, vegetable oil, and vanilla. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 45–55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Can’t find carrot-apple jam? Grate or shred ½ cup each of carrots and apples and increase the brown sugar by ¼ cup.
199 calories, 8g fat, 30g carbohydrate, 0g cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 3g protein
This Farm Fresh Rhode Island vegan recipe features delicious local ingredients. Find a nearby farmers market at farmfreshri.org.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island